Reading Fairy classes for 1-5-year-olds have been developed by early years reading experts to give children the best start for learning to read. Our unique progressive Reading Fairy curriculum is based on the latest research and best early years practice. Classes are 40 minutes long and absolutely action-packed!
Reading Fairy nurtures a love of reading for life
Reading Fairy’s curriculum supports every age and stage of a child’s preschool reading journey. We believe in learning through play. Our activities include: sensory and performance storytelling, songs and rhymes, first words and fun phonics games, picture book time and more!
Studies show that the benefits of reading for enjoyment are far reaching and include: academic success at school, creative and imaginative thinking, relationship building, developing empathy, feeling self-confident, and improving well-being.
Reading Fairy’s programme grows with every child
Reading Fairy classes are designed to develop the crucial building blocks for reading and language development from 1-5 years.
There are 3 progressive stages in a child’s Reading Fairy journey:
- Stage 1: Toddler Tales (Age 1+) encourages early language and literacy
- Stage 2: Story Stars (Age 2+) explores letters and sounds for early reading fun
- Stage 3: Reading Recruits (Ages 3 to 5) prepares your child for learning to read at school.
Reading Fairy’s unique characters support children’s learning
Reading Fairy has developed lovable characters to represent critical reading and language skills which support children’s learning and development in a fun and engaging way. Children learn about the different aspects of reading through each character. This enhances the children’s learning through familiarity and routine.
- Reading Fairy: Loves stories and storytelling.
- Phonic Fox: Uses phonics to help children make links between letters and sounds
- Music Mouse: Sings nursery rhymes which are vital in developing early oral and literacy skills
- Chat Cat: Develops children’s talking, listening and communication skills
- Book Bear: Shares a picture book with the children in every class inspiring a love of reading
Come and meet our lovable characters, we look forward to meeting you!
Cost: Each session costs £6 and you can book at any point during the term and pay for the remaining sessions, subject to availability.
Timetable for weekly classes
9.30-10.10 Toddler Tales (1- 2 years)
10.30-11.10 Story Stars (2- 3 years)
11.30-12.10 Reading Recruits (3-5 years)
Also taking bookings for Birthday Parties and story-telling events for nurseries, childminders and home educated children- please get in touch to find out more